Tuesday, May 19, 2009

osMoz Les coulisses du parfum


For those of you who are not yet aware that I am a total beginner, this post should make it clear. :) I mean it's been only a bit more than a year that I have consciously started my perfume journey, reading, ordering, sampling, swapping... I already have so many samples and decants at home (and I only just began) that I just can't imagine what amount is that going to become in a few years. :) Honestly, I'm not bothered about the amount, I'm bothered by the fact that I don't have enough time to try them all anytime soon and keep good notes on them. Oh, well, I'll get there eventually (or at least half way there). :)

So, in the light of learning as much as I can, I ordered one of the Coulisses du parfum from osMoz and following my perfume bent recently, I decided that the one I'll spend money on is going to be Volume 3, Legendary woods and resins. Unfortunately, although I got it on Friday, I still haven't had time to properly sniff any of the scents.

Has anyone tried any other volume? I can't wait to see if after smelling them I'll be able to recognize those notes better (for some I still don't have a clue what they might smell like).

They come with this interesting brochure that I leafed through and found to be quite informative. Now, I don't feel like ordering the other two as well if there is someone out there who would be willing to swap samples of other volumes? Please contact me if you are interested.
Image by: www.osmoz.com

2 comments:

  1. Wah, I am jealous :) In a good way of course!! Hahahaha. I love these, wish I could justify the expense in my head, but I can't! Le Labo's olfactionary makes me DROOL as well, but it is just SO expensive (over 500 euro here). Enjoy this in the best of health and please let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'll let you know. I am wondering how exactly labdanum and galbanum smell like (and is it just me but I can see I'll keep mixing those two names). :) And cedar and myrhh... So many things to learn... I love it!

    ReplyDelete