Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cloudy musings


After several days of almost summer heat, today it is cold and very cloudy and although I don't want to be influenced by that, it seems I cannot help it (much). I am finally getting better (physically) because on Monday morning I woke up to find my arms covered in rash and I was very upset. Because the day before I put on a self-bronzer nad I thought that was the reason. It turns out that the places that it appeared signified it had something to do with something I ate, not something I applied all over my body. Huh, that was a relief! :) The thing is I cannot use solariums any more, my dermatologist almost had a heart attack when she heard I went ocasionally because I am pretty pale and have a light skin tone (hence the wish to go) and I am prone to birthmarks (I even had to have some removed). Imagine then my fear that I will not be able to use self-bronzer just when I finally found a good one (by Decleor), I know that it's good because I already used it twice before so I did think it strange that suddenly it caused an allergic reaction.

Well, it turns out it's not that, although I don't know what is it that I ate that might have caused it. And I am still a bit upset because I'm waiting for my arms to clear completely and I'm not putting any perfume on to try, so I feel a bit depressed.


The other thing is, each morning I look at my perfume shelf and cannot choose anything with the feeling, this is IT. I am looking for a perfect spring scent and I don't have one. All of those on the shelf are great but none of them strikes me as the ONE. I was giving it some serious thought and what I came up with as what I would like it to smell is that it has to be warm and not in a summer or winter way, but in a spring way. I enjoyed the spring this year so much, smelling all those budding flowers and trees and that it the kind of smell I'd like. Warm like a spring day, sweet smelling of growing flowers and slightly wet grass, with just a hint of dust and traffic in the background... Am I looking for too much? Or, more likely, is it somewhere out there but I just don't know its name and where to look for it? Any ideas would be very welcome.

Today I'm wearing Belle en Rykiel EdT and thinking where did it go? It's one of the things I bought while smelling it on a strip and on me, it sort of disappears. OK, so I'm exaggerating a bit, it does not disappear but it is too close to the skin, and that's not what I like at the moment.

I promise I'll be more optimistic in my next post. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, hope you're feeling better soon. Rashes suck. Glad you're not going to solarium any more, I'm so against it! Better to look young and pale than wrinkly and tan in my book :) Pale is the new tan!

    As for a warm spring floral, well as you probably know I am very much into D&G Feminine lately. To me it is a perfect spring floral because growing up in greece, spring smells like lilac bushes (easter!), hyacinths and wisteria, all notes of feminine itself. The warmth comes from the beautiful musk base and some of these blossoms are very indolic themselves, which adds extra muskiness and warmth.

    However I understand its not a very popular scent so maybe it's just me :P

    Not feeling very well myself btw... Have a horrible cold and my nose is completely incapacitated... Hence no review today.

    A little note on self-tanners too: I like Lancome's Air-brushing one. And the cream for the face is also good. Don't forget the sun-screen when you self-tan! It makes the skin extra sensitive to the rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest D, I'm so sorry to hear you have a cold. :( I hope you get better soon as well. I still haven't tried the Feminine but since you like it so much, I just have to see what's in that bottle that speaks to you so.
    Since I am never faithful to any of my body products, I'll definitely try Lancome's next. :) I do take care with sunscreen, unfortunately my tan does not allow for any mistakes regarding that...

    ReplyDelete