Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oranges blossoming around me

I never thought I was a flower girl. By that I mean I never thought I might like floral perfumes that much. But then again, 2 years ago I wasn't aware there was a perfume world beyond the doors of my local stores into which once you enter, you never leave. :)

Anyway, it seems to me that this spring/summer (I believe we are seeing the last days of spring here), I'm into orange blossoms. Today I'm wearing SL Fleurs d'Oranger which I got from a lovely MUA swap. And even though I know that orange blossom does not smell like the fruit, the first thought this morning in my head was - wow, where did this flower bomb come from? :) Kinda stupid when the name itself declares that it is about flowers. :) The initial flowers didn't last that long and now I'm enjoying myself feeling the softness of all those white flowers in it. It seems we hit it off perfectly today, because I don't think I'll be able to wear this when the real summer hits. Today it makes a fresh spring day warmer, but I don't think I'd want that in the middle of summer.

That's why there is Fleur d'Oranger 27 by Le Labo. That one seems to be the fresh orange blossom that is going to bring some fresh air into the summer heat of Zagreb. I have a fondness for grapefruit both in perfume and in my diet, so getting a whiff of that citrus bitter smell is perfect although kind of hard to detect around bergamot. But that's ok, I like bergamot as well. :) So, I'm preparing to battle summer heat with this fresh, summery-green orange blossom.


And on to my third orange blossom scent. I have to admit, in the end I did buy the Givenchy's 2008 harvest Organza Fleurs d'Oranger. :) But I am proud I limited myself to only that, didn't buy the Amarige Ylang-Ylang. In the end, Fleurs d'oranger spoke to me much stronger and convincingly, so it came home with me. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to smell it properly and with concentration, so no more information about that one today, but it falls somewhere in the middle of the first two.

SL Fleurs d'Oranger notes by Luckyscent: Orange blossom, white jasmine, Indian tuberose, white rose, citrus peel, hibiscus seeds, cumin, nutmeg

Fleur d'Oranger 27 Le Labo notes by Luckyscent: bergamot, petitgrain, grapefruit, amber, musk and vetiver

Organza 2008 Orange Blossom notes by Harrods: neroli, honeysuckle, petitgrain, orange blossom, soft spices, vanilla

Images by: www.ures.hr

2 comments:

  1. Dear sweetie, gave you a 'fabulous blog' award. Hope you'll forgive me for outing you, but I really wanted to give that award to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Divina, it is really an unexpected pleasure for getting such an award from you. :) All I can say is thank you. And besides, if I'm writing, I shouldn't be scared of people knowing about it, should I? :)

    ReplyDelete