Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New book series discoveries

I've been starting to get a bit anxious, even though my free time has dwindled to almost non-existing, I didn't have anything new reading-wise to look forward to. Sure, I have dozens of unread books at home but since they are already mine and I'm not in the mood for most of them, I was looking for something new and interesting in the manner of Kresley Cole and Kim Harrison. And just in time, here come Lilith Saintcrow and Charlaine Harris. LS name came to my attention after reading about her on Keri Arthur's site and browsing Amazon for similar books to those I usually read, and I am very happy I ordered the first book in her Dante Valentine series (Working for the Devil) and although I only started, I can tell I'm going to enjoy this one. :) The only problem, I have to wait now for the sequels to come (after I order them today). And yes, she is actually working for the Devil.
It seems I'm a bit late to Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series and I wouldn't have ventured even now if my colleague hadn't borrowed me the first 4 books in the series to read. And I was asking him how come he was reading that because I thought they were children's books? Which is stupid I know, because first, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and secondly I also read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. But the cover for Harris's books just made me think they are not something I might be interested in - just check the cover and the heroine's name is Sookie (it sounds like a little girl to me, but I'm wrong on that account) :
Anyway, it seems I was wrong about that one - I started reading it just to see if it's interesting.
I like it and the series already already progressed to book 9, so I'm set for some time to come. Btw, I do that a lot - read more than one book at the same time. At almost any point in time, there are at least two books I started and am reading according to how I feel at the moment. Currently, it's 3, the two I just described, and Sharing knife trilogy by L.M. Bujold. :)

And it seems that there's actually a TV series True Blood made after the books. Hmmm, I do have to read the books first before going to watch them though. There is absolutely no pleasure doing it the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment