Friday, May 22, 2009

Being pale


Someone might call it having fair skin but to me, I usually just look pale. And today's post is about the most perfect face tanner out there (ok, so I haven't tried that many but having found a great one, I don't need to).

Sometime early last spring I went to a promotional Chanel make-up thing and the make up artist was impressed with the whitennes of my tan (what was she thinking, I wonder?). So while she was doing her thing, we were discussing the "merits" of being pale which in her opinion made the geisha white look wonderful and thought I should try it. Although I didn't agree with her thoughts on the color of my tan, I have to admit she did a great job with the make-up. Anyway, she listened to my problem, and that was the fact that tanned skin just looks nicer and healthier as opposed to being pale (not, as a fact that you spend a lot of time in the sun) and that I am not able to procure a tan no matter what I do (even if I sunbathed a lot, which I can't do since my skin won't allow it, it is really hard for me to get any real amount of tan). What she proposed was to try Chanel's self-tanner for the face and gave me a sample to try. Me, scared of tanners as I was, especially using them on the face, I was a bit sceptical it might not apply as wonderfully as it should, so she told me to mix it with my daily moisturizer and try it first like that. The rest is history. :)

A month or so ago, I bought a second tube of Soleil Identite Golden (lighter version) and I look healthy. It has become a staple for me and I cannot imagine not having it around to use when I start getting too pale.

The thing is, it has never, ever made a mistake. You apply it and there is no way anyone can tell you put a self-tanner on your face. It has never streaked and more importantly, as I apply it on the neck as well, putting perfume afterwards had never made any difference to the color. All I can say, absolutely wonderful. What I've been wondering for some time now is, how come Chanel didn't produce a body tanner when they made such a great face product? And if it's possible to create a tanner that applies so well it never streaks, wth are some of the companies doing making products you can throw in the garbage after the first application, even if you are very careful with all the skin preparations...?
My pale, rosy-cheeked days are over (ok, so my cheeks are still rosy but it is not so bad when you have a light tan). ;)
Image by: www.chanel.com

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, thanks for the tip.

    another Pale One reporting in.

    I have used some powdered bronzer on my cheeks but a more uniform look would be nice. I've never before put self tanner on my face (skeerd!) but since you've been the guinea pig I've give this a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what will you think - let me know how it went. :) I don't know of anyone else who uses it (maybe other people are scared as well with all the ways self-tanning can go wrong)...

    ReplyDelete