Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swapping is so much fun!

I'm a bit late but it took some time to deal with the photos. Yesterday I came home to find 3 packages waiting for me through swapping. The strange thing though is that they were all shipped at different times so I don't even want to start thinking what do the people in post office do with our packages (I received one some time ago with a shoe imprint on it!).

The first one was from Germany with some Arabian oils I am trying to get to know and a new Italian house for me (and I still don't know the name - I'm just lousy with new names).




The second one, a more interesting from my perspective because there was some Ava Luxe, DSH, Roja Dove (which unfortunately arrived broken - maybe someone stepped on this one too?) and Van Cleef and Arpels from Canada.



And the last one, which probably seems like the smallest and containing nothing of any interest but you would be very wrong. Because two of the smallest vials contain precious (and by that I mean extremely expensive) drops of 2 Amouage attars (Homage and Al Mas).
Thanks to Susan from USA.



Btw, I really like the word attar, it connotes many things for me without me even knowing what exactly does it mean. :) So I did look it up today and got some basic knowledge on the subject. Just enough to understand that attar does not correlate to smelling oudish (which is what I somehow thought).
This was just a quick post, I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to smelling those attars (everything else as well, but attars are at the top).
Pictures are mine.

4 comments:

  1. Picture are mine.
    Pleasure of trying also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, interesting samples. i've never tried anything of them except amouage.
    greetings,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, Ankica, already anticipating new stuff to try? ;) Soon, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi S, thanks for stopping by. It makes me seriously happy when I try new things even though I might not like them, just the fact something new is here and I will get to know it. :)

    ReplyDelete