Sunday, June 20, 2010

SOTD: Eau Egyptienne by Cinq Mondes

Turns out I'm reviewing Ms Giacobetti's work two times in a row without doing it on purpose. I really didn't know it was made by her until I went to check the notes some time into smelling it. Now, I'll have to give it more effort and find her other creations to smell because I love this.
I have no idea what's happening to me that I'm getting more and more into roses.


Notes: lotus, caraway, rose, mint, myrrh, cypress, geranium, jasmine, juniper, pistacchio.


I'm not going into how this came about, there is enough written about that. What I want to talk about is how incredible it smells to me. My initial thought was that it was a surprisingly good citrusy, spicy, flowery, warm thingie. I say thingie because it just seems so delicate, feminine-like but it turns out it's only delicate because I think of it as feminine in the general sense of people who don't understand women. I don't think women are really delicate - quite the contrary. I think they are strong and solid while at the same time they are caring and warm. And this is what I get from this, the warmth in the heart around which the spices and flowers dance making it seem girly and feminine but the warmth giving it solidity and strength. If that makes sense. And the rose-lotus-geranium combo underscored by caraway definitely helps.

It's warm and at the same time fresh with something that makes your senses come alive. And if I got the prices right, it's 48 euros for 100ml. Which seems quite reasonable to me. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this and smell the thingie of which you speak ;-)

    Good to see you back in the blogosphere and I hope you are well.

    I am glad you are coming to love roses!

    Yours, LBV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LBV, it's good to be back.
    The thing with roses is that they sort of sneak up on you while you're not watching. :) They kept appearing in disguise and now I like them in many different forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds *delightful*! I don't know anything about this-- I'll have to track it down now.... I hope you are feeling better, Ines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LCN! I'm so hlad to see you - I really miss you around the blogosphere. :)
    I am feeling better, I'm just still having some focusing problems (so work and posting are a bit slow these days).
    If you try this, I really want to know what you think of it. It seems to me that lately I'm falling for seemingly light and easy scents that are in reality much more complex than I understand it at first.

    ReplyDelete