Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lynda Hilburn: The Vampire Shrink

What fun this book was! I enjoyed it tremendously. Kismet Knight Ph.D. is a delight to read.




The thing is, what happens in this book is exactly what any of us would think if someone was trying to convince you vampires existed. Especially when you are a psychiatrist and you have all the knowledge of conditions that might be causing these types of self-illusions. Because that is what she is, a psychiatrist. And I have to tell you, it's hilarious reading her inner thoughts which are interspersed throughout the novel.





What I'm wondering now is how come I haven't heard about this before? The first book came out in 2007. I already have the second book in the series (Dark Harvest) and I plan on reading it as soon as I can (in the next couple of days).





Anyway, Kismet has to deal with a lot in this book (including her budding sex life after a 2-year pause) and is falling in love with two men. What I loved especially is that her thought process is well explained through those comments we follow and completely understandable (except the part where she is totally in love, I'm not sure I can identify with such love in such short span of time but it's fiction after all).


I though the end was a bit so-so and a lot of underlying history is missing but hopefully that will get better explained in the second book (not the first author whose first book left something to be desired regarding the background, but that is easily fixed in the following books).



Soon, I'll let you know if the second book is as much fun as the first. :)

P.S. Ooops, I was wrong, Kismet is a psychologist.







Pic by: http://www.lyndahilburnauthor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment