Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm scared


This week has not been kind to me so far and it seems to have spilled over onto my love of disovery. After discovering treasures last week, now I'm scared to test anything new for fear of it being not good enough (which given the amount of bad or mediocre in the perfume industry, is not actually so far off the target). I don't know what to do now, but hope it will pass. In the meantime, I sniff things I know I liked and I try learning more from them. It's actually working, I can tell that my nose has progressed from 2 years ago when I started this road of discovery.

That is not to say that there isn't so much more to discover but it's heartening to realize there was actually some progress along the way. :) Since I'm not a terribly patient person. :) What an understatement. ;)

So, no particular perfume or book to talk about today, just my thoughts. I hope I'll be able to try the Van Cleef & Arpels collection everyone has been talking about lately and saying such lovely things. Maybe that would be a less scary road forward. :) Chances are I will like them.

Enough of my bad mood for today. Hopefully, soon I'll write about a new discovery that lifts both my heart and mood. :)


Pic of my Paris visit (I so want to go back and enjoy it some more).

No comments:

Post a Comment