Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Late to the party - L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris

It seems everyone knows how this smells and it has quite a lot of fans out there as far as I could tell.

I only tried it today. So, yes, quite late to the party. :)

Notes: French oak moss, Tunisian neroli, sweet musk, amber and vanilla

I've been thinking of how to describe this all day.
On me it doesn't really display many changes, and I don't want it to.
(I also tried Lorenzo Villoresi's Dilmun today and wished it wouldn't change from the opening, but unfortunately it did, once again confirming LV perfumes and I don't go together)

Basically, L'Air de Rien smells like a cool, dry cover over a warm ambery base. The cover wouldn't let me get to the warmth hiding inside even though I could almost touch it.
Honetsly, I can't tell what notes the cover is made of, but as I see the list, the oakmoss must have done its thing with keeping the warmth and sweetness inside and neroli and musk as far as I can tell kept everything smooth and cool.

I really need some of this.

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love Miller Harris perfumes! I think my favourite is 'La Pluie' but they're all beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about being late to the party, Ines -- I'm very, very late. :) Haven't tried Rien yet, though both you and Memory of Scent reviewing it this week make for a very good reminder. This goes on my list asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just as later, ot later, like Suzanne I haven't smelled this yet, but now I surely will! So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful things, I haven't yet tried them all but I will. They are slowly getting under my skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, thank you for pointing me toward Memory of Scent, I'll go and read that review, if I manage to find the blog.
    I don't have it listed...

    I wonder what you'll say when you try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olfactoria, I think you might like it. :)
    And it should be readily available - MH seems distributed everywhere (thankfully).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ines, I just discovered his blog and absolutely love his quiet but intelligent style of writing. The address is:

    http://memoryofscent.wordpress.com

    He's from Greece, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Suzanne!
    Can't believe it, he reviewed one of my favorites, Fougere Bengale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is actually one of the few niche perfumes available in my neck of the woods. So I went to try it, but the fragrance was off:-( So, I guess that means I'm late too:-) Thanks for reminding me to try it again, it sounds lovely:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asali, honestly, this is one perfume I cannot guess what you might think of. :)
    I hope you get to smell a bottle that isn't off soon, I want to hear your thoughts.
    It's really enjoyable. :) It might not sound like high praise, but that is actually the thing I go for most days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being late... Ha! I'll give a handicap to all of you: I haven't tried yet a single perfume by Miller Harris. For no special reason - just haven't come across this brand. But I will one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also late to the party! Like Undina, I haven't tried any Miller Harris perfumes.

    I really want to try their new scent La Fumee, as well as L'Air. I'm not the biggest musk fan, but I'm still willing to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Undina, I feel much better now. :D

    Some of the line leave me completely uninterested but some are really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joanelaine, I'm obviously not much of a follower of the line because I had no idea La Fumee existed. :)
    Oh well, it's not available here yet, so I'm not late. ;)

    ReplyDelete