Thursday, July 15, 2010

Julia Quinn: Everything and the Moon

Before I get on to the book, you have until the end of the week to say why you should be the one to win a bottle of the mysterious 6T by Mr. Webber.


Ok, it's been a while since I read something by Mrs. Quinn. And once I started reading this, I remembered why I liked her. She is not my typical romance novelist (I tend to go for romance including steamy sex scenes incorporated in the love story). Well, if you want that, maybe Julia Quinn's work is not for you. :) But you should still give it a go. Because even though there might not be so many hot scenes in her novels, you will remember what it felt like to be in love. You know, the kind where your heart constricts with pain when you think of losing that person, or fighting with them  or any of the things that will bring pain or joy to your heart in love.
I'm ashamed to say I wouldn't have started the book if it didn't happen that I didn't know what to do with myself at my parents' home and this was the first thing I came across. Several hours later (at my home), I had to have a serious talk with myself telling me I need to go to bed because I do have to get up for work in the morning (that was around half past one and I get up around 7). Somehow I managed to leave the last 50 pages for yesterday when I finally finished the book.

The reason I couldn't let it go is that I kept chuckling through it and I enjoyed the story very much. There are no bad guys here trying to hurt any of the characters - this time, they are more of the star-crossed variety. They fell in love when they were young (and both very positive and humorous people) but of course, due to some unexpected problems, they split and thought how the other one was not what he/she seemed when they were in love.
It's fun to see how they get back together and also painful at times because their inner processes are obviously for me portraied quite well (if I'm feeling my heart constrict on behalf of the characters).

Pic by: www.juliaquinn.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower and wanted to say hello. I onder if you read a book about Estonia called "Purge" by Sofi Oksanen. It's very god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Man of la Books, thanks for stopping by.
    I didn't read that book but I will look it up, thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete