Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saying goodbye to summer

I can't help it, it makes me feel sad (even though I do not prosper in the heat) that the summer has ended. The fact that I'll have to wait for almost a year to enjoy drinking morning coffee at a table looking at the sea and drinking in the sun and the heat and the smell of sea just makes me sad.
So, to mark the end of summer and the beginning of autumn (and the period of those lovely warm scents that are just waiting to be picked up), I'll talk about a summer discovery that I am somewhat ambivalent about.

I am talking about Avon's Brazil Beat. :) Don't ask how I came to own that, sometimes I wonder myself at the things I manage to acquire. I've learned that I am not a huge Avon fragrance fan, and can for the time wear only their CL Absynthe.

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get notes for this. As a matter of fact, it is so difficult that all I got is: fruity notes and floral notes (and some places note a wood drydown - although that part is well hidden in the fragrance).

What you get is exactly what it says. A whole lot of juicy fruit, not so much floral for me (although you won't mistake it's not there) and just a lovely, exuberant juicy fragrance. OK, so maybe that does not sound very promising but I can't really say I don't like or that it's bad. In small quantities, not to make it too exuberant, it's a happy, summer, girl thing. It smells like a bouquet of juicy orange/red fruits. I like smelling it although I don't quite think I'll be wearing it. It's just too exuberant for me with all that youth connotations and fizzy sweet summer cocktails it brings to mind. But it makes me wonder how would the air around dancers to brasil beats smell like? Who knows, maybe I'll find out one day and it turns out it smells fruity?


No comments:

Post a Comment