Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Drunk on perfume

I finally realized what happens to me when I'm in a niche perfume store. I get drunk. And I mean seriously tipsy by all the fumes wafting around while I'm trying perfumes even when I temper it with coffee (like in real life, coffee helps a bit when you're drunk).

I couldn't resist anymore so I went to Victor Koncept for some serious perfume sniffa-tour. And that's exactly what I did. So, of course I overdoses and got extremely giddy and forgot some of the things they told me so I asked twice. Like for example, when is the rest of PG line coming (end of this week) which is bad. Really bad. Because I tried their tuberose and patchouli and I seriously like them (and they weren't even on the top of my PG list to try! So, I'm thinking, tuberose is not for this time of year, and I have enough patchoulis so I can test the rest next week without problems. Because I have high hopes for some other stuff coming in. But their patchouli is so great. It's a dark chocolate patchouli, deep and warm and if not black, then very close to it.

I also managed to try Byredo Palermo - a must try more before next summer. It's a different take on summer cologne/citrusy stuff and that is what I like (bitter orange or something like that got me). Baudelaire is also one I'll try again. I like the Tulipe but it's not for me.
After reading some nice things about Penhaligon's Bluebell, I finally tried it. :) I can see what might make people like it - it's bottled sprimg meadow. I'll see in the spring if we are going to it hit it off.

This time around, I took enough time and didn't have to rush so I got some samples to try as well. Yeey! That is also how I got drunk on perfume. :) But I don't mind.
I mean, I was a bit light-headed when going home and couldn't stop smiling due to giddiness but I really deserved a trip there. It's been six months since my last time. Unfortunately, it's not going to be that much until my next visit.

Do you want to know what I bought?

After discovering just last week I love amber, L'Eau d'Ambre by L'Artisan came home with me.
Along with - Molecule 02. Yes, I'm very susceptible - I'm sure everyone saw the Luckyscent 5 sexiest perfume choices clip. And, honestly, I tried it before and just couldn't understand (again!) what the fuss is about. It turns out that the tester is not what's in the bottle and the stuff only works correctly when sprayed on skin and not on paper strip. So, I bought it unsniffed basically but I'm checking the effect as soon as tomorrow. :)

P.S. I was surprised at how many people were at Viktor Koncept, usually when I go, I'm the only one. Also, I really had the time of my life and didn't want to leave, everyone was very friendly and we discussed so many things (they again let me try something they only received to try and still don't have at the perfumery).

4 comments:

  1. Ines I'd be interested to read your take on Molecule 02. Like you, this left me totally nonplussed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Ines! Everyone needs a 'perfume drunk' now and then. Have you tried the deep, dark chocolate of Borneo 1834? You may like that very much as well. I am definitely a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I sprayed it on today and some on my arm so I could test it for myself and I can't smell it. At all. Is it supposed to do that?
    I just read on NST that it works much better in heat which is something I'll have to wait on some more to try (we're pretty much into autumn now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josephine, Borneo is on my list of must-tries but it still eludes me. :)
    But now that the season for warm scents is almost upon us, I'll try and get some.

    ReplyDelete