Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New author discovery


I haven't been writing much about books lately (not having enough time to actually read them) but I finished one from a new author (new for me, haven't read anything of his before yesterday) and I am happy. :) With the book, with the fact that there are more and with discovery. I am talking about James Rollins and Map of bones. I don't know how many of you read Dan Brown and were interested, but in my opinion this is better. This one revolves around the 3 Magi (the ones who visited Christ) their bones, secret societies, lost gospels and all other interesting facts and ideas we are never going to know for sure. M-state gold (anyone heard of that before?) features prominently and I actually learned a lot. If you're into thrillers, I highly recommend this.

And it came around the time there has been a lot of religious debate in my life - usually with friends. Do you believe that when the time is right, you get/find the information you are looking for? That seems to happen to me a lot. And the final word by Mr. Rollins at the end of the book is from Matthew: Seek, and you shall find. Well, couldn't be more true if you ask me. This book has opened some new horizons for me, I just have to find the time to go explore them (several books are mentioned and I plan on getting my hands on them). :) The only problem I face a chronic lack of time, but hey, who needs sleep? ;)

I have the second in the Sigma series (by Rollins) at home, so soon I hope I'll be able to share my happiness over another of his books.


Picture by: digital.friscolibrary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment