Thursday, July 2, 2009

A bit of everything


I'm just going to go through things I want to say, in order to clear the jumble in my head.

I tried Elixir de Merveilles on me and it is nice, but wasn't as uplifting as when tried on a strip. It's fresh and citrusy (unfortunately chocolate is not prominent enough for me) and the drydown smells like oranges (turning somewhat to orange juice) with a nice but barely there incense hint. I'll definitely be wearing my decant but I'm not sure I'll be buying a bottle.

This morning I made a mistake - I put on a perfume I swapped for last summer and well, it almost made it into scrubber category, but I'll survive today and never spray it on again. I'm talking about Yuzu Ab Irato by Parfumerie Generale. It smells like a strong lemon lollipop (having that artificial candy lemon smell). I'm all for citrusy fragrances, but this one is just not me.

Notes by http://www.nstperfume.com/ :yuzu, spearmint leaves, pepper, magnolia, jasmine, hyacinth, absolute of thyme, hyssop, myrtle, and bamboo.
I finally got a package containing Bal a Versailles (been on my list of things to try for a while) and while I did spray it on yesterday, I was so busy the whole day I wasn't able to give it my full attention. But what I fleetingly got, I liked very much. :) More to come...

Now, onto something non-fragrance related. I don't know how much people follow Croatian politics (or politics in general) but our PM resigned yesterday. And while that is not a strange thing by itself, PMs resign often enough following scandals - at the moment, the only scandalous thing in Croatia is the fact that due to our governments politics, Croatia is facing bankruptcy. And getting into European Union seems to be further away than ever. There were enough scandals over the years which would force other PMs out of their offices, but ours would never. Now, when we face the biggest crisis since independence and war, now he decides to leave. Does this seem like he's a rat abandoning a ship to someone else as well? Well, I'm not going to dwell much on that, it's frustrating as hell, and I never liked him. I hate when people are full of themselves and know what's best and all they do is perfect. He was an awful PM if you ask me and I sincerely hope whatever happens now, whoever comes next will do better.


That's all from me today, hopefully tomorrow I'll be happy when I put my perfume in the morning. :)


Picture from:www.viette.indigofiles.com

P.S. I was looking for a picture of a lemon lollipop but it turns out there is a flower with that name, so I took the flower instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment