Friday, March 20, 2009

The first blog - finally



Ok, so, first - I didn't think it would start this way. Me, drinking a glass of wine too much and smelling Omnia Green Jade on my wrist couple of hours later after spritzing it (and after the said wine). But there you have it - everything felt right and I wanted to say how surprising it is to realize that the scent that made me do it was Bulgari's (total surprise for someone who is not into their stuff).
I will probably write more about perfume but not today. Today one short note on Omnia Green Jade - the drydown smells absolutely wonderful on my skin (and reminds of something but I can't remember what yet) and I'm still not sure whether that drydown would be worth buying it. I'll seriously think about it after trying it one more time.

This seems like such a big step for me but one I was considering a while now, after getting addicted first to the world of perfume, and then to the perfume blogs (being a cosmetics addict is not relevant since that goes too far back into past). It doesn't mean this is going to be only about perfume or cosmetics - no, I will write about pretty much everything that seems interesting to me and sometimes only to get things of my chest (even if no one is reading, although you never know, someone might...).
I see this is as the anti-stress therapy I seriously need. I deal with things by writing them not by saying them.
This being my first post, just to give a sketch of me. I have been aware of my addicted nature for quite long now. It seems it all starts out innocently and before you know it, all your friends think you're strange for having so many body lotions, creams and shampoos and knowing so many companies they never heard of. And while you are living a content life of trying all these products, you end up reading a perfume blog and your life changes forever (in a very good sense). Ok, so it might not be that good for your banking account but hey, I don't smoke so why not spend that money on something that actually smells nice. And by that I actually think I spend more money on this addiction than I would on cigarettes - can't be helped though. Especially if there is a recently opened perfume institute in my lovely Zagreb: Institut Parfumeur Flores. I went there only once and now I'm curbing my urge to visit because I really can't afford myself and I know I'll find something I have to have immediately. Yes, I know, I have no backbone, no character. :)

So, my hometown became a perfumista's paradise and I'm being strong and not visiting too often. The thing that keeps my mind off of it is reading. As this is the day for coming out, I'll come out and confess: I read romance novels and I am proud of it. I especially love historical and paranormal romance. I do actually read other things, but this is one of my great loves - I can't help it, I'm a naive, romantic optimist.

Before I finish for today, apologies for all the blunders I might make being a beginner (and knowing me, there are going to be some). Apologies as well to Croatian readers for making this blog in English - well, Croatia has only 4 million people while English speaking population is slightly greater.


I left this for the end. Regarding the name of the blog, I don't define myself by being a redhead with quite short hair but it seems here where I live it is something that is going to set you apart from all long-haired blondes and brunettes which is the definition of beauty for some 80-90% of population here. I absolutely love my short red hair. And I want everyone to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment