Friday, March 27, 2009

Cops, witches and mutant tomatoes


Ok, I haven't got a clue how this might sound to people, but to me it sounds like a couple of days of total fun. :)
As I have already mentioned my love for romance, the only thing that makes me want to stay awake is reading. And I just got my new fix. I absolutely love my local bookstore Algoritam which keeps me stocked with all the books I like (I order regularly).
Now, to get to the title of the post. I got two books the other day, J.D. Robb's (in real life that's Nora Roberts) latest installment of Lt. Eve Dallas and her beautiful Roarke, and Kim Harrison's White witch, black curse - hence the witch and tomato connotation. For all those who haven't read about Rachel and the world where vampires, elves, witches, weres and the rest co-exist publicly with people due to an outbreak of a deadly disease that came about from mutating tomatoes, I have to say that the idea was so original for me, I had to see what it was all about, and I'm hooked. Now, most people no longer eat tomatoes, but the Interlanders do. :) Anyway, I just started the White witch and can't wait to see what awaits me. I have to admit I'm usually quite surprised with the way plot finishes.
The cop from the title is of course Eve Dallas, and I don't think I can give a short overview of everything that comes to mind when I say that. If you like romance, crime, a bit of SF, well, try it and see where it leads you. Where it led me is to a full shelf (there are more than 20 books in that series and I don't think it is going to end anytime soon). Lucky me. :)
So, those are the books that keep me going these days while I'm waiting for the spring to reveal its sunny side.
That's it for this rainy Monday.

Image: reneesbookaddiction.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment