Sunday, July 22, 2012

How I manage to forget this, I have no idea

I guess it comes down to this: I don't sample (test) any of the perfumes I have and then, a couple of days goes by, life takes all my energy and I have no more left to use for testing a sample (in order to write about it).

So, after several days pass in such a manner and the only perfume I smell is the one I apply in the morning and then forget about, it somehow slips my mind and I forget how much perfumes help with easing one's (stressed) mind.
And that is exactly what they do for me. No matter how much I like them or not, the fact is, when I smell a perfume, I can feel my mind easing off the stress and my body relaxing.
I wish I would remember for future stressful times that I don't need to apply perfume in order to write about it, I could just apply different things to my arm in order to get lost for a bit in this beautiful universe.

Although, honestly, I'm not that surprised that perfumes are the last thing on my mind (for testing and writing purposes) - so far, this has been a very difficult year, for me mostly because of the workload, but also full of bad news not applied to me directly, but hitting very close.

Perfumes and books (and now running) help me deal with all of this, I just wish I wouldn't keep forgetting how big a role perfume actually has in helping with stress.

Oh well, hopefully now I've put it down in writing, I won't forget it soon. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ines, all of the things you mentioned are very helpful for stress (especially running, even more than perfume, in my opinion), but I'm wondering if you have ever tried massage therapy? It is incredibly soothing and comforting, and I don't know whether it's this way in Croatia, but in the US there are so many trustworthy massage schools that offer this service at a very good price.

    Wishing you well, as always. Just think, too, that you'll be at Little Fig very soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, I am ashamed now that I will sound exactly like the people I scold usually, but I have no idea how would I find the time for massage therapy. :)
      I can barely find the time for the things I want to do at the moment. But, I do feel a good (sports) massage would probably do my body (and therefore my mind) a world of good.

      And I cannot describe how happy the thought of Little Fig makes me. :) I only have a week of work left and then I'm off to the seaside (and running on the coast).
      I have so many plans (again) for those 3 weeks, if I can make half of them come true, I'll be satisfied.

      Delete
  2. Ines, it sounds like that holiday just can't come soon enough, and how I understand you, I wish it was me.
    I always feel I'm so far behind with samples that didn't really get much attention the first time around. If I had 3 weeks holiday at the seaside, I should bring them all. And loads of books :-)
    *Halte die Ohren steif*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asali, that's exactly what I plan on doing. :) Bringing the samples and books with me. I just hope I won't get too lazy in the sun and ignore them.
      Oh well, it's my vacation - I can do whatever I want. ;)

      Delete
  3. I am still to live for the day when I forget to put a perfume on but I'm already at the point where if I do not write it down the same day (or the next morning - the latest), in a couple of days I have absolutely no recollection of either what I tested or what I thought about those perfumes).
    I hope your last week before the vacation goes really fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't forget to put perfume on when I leave the house but I don't put any on my arms later in order to smell them and get to know them better.
      As for writing down, that certainly helps but I usually retain some kind of a memory of what sth smelled like (especially if I thought it good).

      Delete
  4. Hmm. Thanks for this post - I tend to skip perfume when I'm stressed, not as a plan, just because I'm, well, stressed. I often forget to put any on at all. I think I'm going to try to make a point not just of wearing perfumes, but actively putting on a sample, on stressful days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ChickenFreak, I want to do that as well, consciously apply perfume when I'm stressed in order to lessen it at least a bit (I admit I'm still working on it). :)

      Delete