Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reading challenges of 2010.

Last year was the first one where I actually took stock of what and how much I read, all due to the fact that I participated in several reading challenges, as I will this year as well.

I honestly believed I'd read  a 100 books a year which proved to be wrong as I only got as far as 76. I probably could hit a bigger number next year if I could force myself not to abandon some books in the middle of reading them (as then, they never count, you need to start and finish the book in the same year if you want it to count in a challenge).
I don't think I'll hit 100 this year but I will give it my best. :)

As I have a pretty good idea of the books I read, I knew that participating in the Speculative fiction challenge wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't. I participated as obsessed and read more than the necessary 24 books. :) So, I'll repeat that this year as well.

The Thriller and Suspense challenge I almost finished, I only needed one more book but that's not so bad.

There were some other challenges throughout the year that lasted a season (Hogwarts, Summer reading challenge and Summer Romance challenge) of which I only finished the Hogwarts one (how surprising). ;)
Which I will probably finish this year as well what with the final movie hitting the cinemas and being addicted to those books as well. :)

Anyway, I hope you all have a good year in reading and I wonder how will I do by the end of this one.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 76 is a lot to me lol. Those are really neat reading challenges. I'm going to look more into it and maybe join one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Lisa, I do hope you find one and join. I just can't help it, I LOVE to read. :) This is also a good way to see what other people are reading and possibly find some new and interesting titles.

    ReplyDelete