Friday, October 8, 2010

Laurell K. Hamilton: Flirt

I've been a bit disappointed when I first got that book but that was because it's not the standard Anita Blake size. It's a novella so I got to enjoy the excitement of Anita Blake's life for only a third of the usual story. Oh well, at least I got some.

I'm going to give some spoilers so you know not to read on if you don't want them. :)

I was a bit surprised to see that Anita got a bit more relaxed  in her dealings with men, so much so that she flirted a bit with a waiter until the bad stuff started happening.

This time there is no Mother of all Darkness (she got killed in the previous book, but I mean, who ever believed that was the end of it?) but Anita's everyday work (raising zombies) is what gets her in trouble. Anyway, she is kidnapped and forced to cooperate unless she wants her lovers killed and I'm not going into details how it was all set up but it works. The group that kidnapped her took into account everything except the fact that she carries weretiger strain of  lycanthropy as well. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

The good thing about this book is that there's not too much sex and Anita's musings on how she's a bad little Christian and battling with her own conscience. What needs to be done that everyone is safe, needs to be done, even though the consequences are a bit grey (to say the least).

No comments:

Post a Comment