Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mona di Orio - RIP


It's been a whole day and I'm still having a hard time believing the fact that the beautiful and talented Mona di Orio will never again present us all perfume aficionados with another wonderfully brilliant creation.

After finally "getting" her first collection, this year's Les Nombres d'Or made me realize that Mona was on top of the list of the perfumers I loved the most for the creations they brought forth.

Everybody is saying it, and I can only repeat it as it's on my mind as well - she will be remembered through her perfumes we wear and are going to wear into the future.


Lovely Mona, rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully put, Ines - a part of Mona lives on in her perfumes.

    I hope her loved ones get to read all the heartfelt tributes, such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear tara, thank you.
    I feel really sorry and tears threaten each time I think of this tragedy.
    I do hope these tributes bring a little solace to her family. I can certainly say, they bring a little solace to me to know that I am not the only perfumista that is oing to miss her immense talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so shocked about this- I've been so busy and having a really difficult time with work and things and news like this just makes you stop and think- very shocking and sad- at least the perfumes live on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, I can certainly imagine your shock as it took me 2 days to actually believe it.
    But she left us an incredible fragrant legacy.

    ReplyDelete