Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crazy Libellule and the Poppies: Toi Mon Prince

I think I should permanently remain in the search mode as it seems to make me try stuff in rather larger quantities every day and pick one to talk about.
This one is not as huge hit as the Vetiver 46 was but it still a very good choice for me and I believe I'll be wearing it more often now. Actually start wearing it now as I can't say more often if I never wore it before. :)

Notes: musk, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, bergamot, tangerine, apricot, plum, blackcurrant, rose, peach.

Yes, I know, the notes make it sound like a fruity mess. It is fruity but it's not messy. It's actually quite sunny and warm.
You can't expect some great development from this and what scared me the most was the musk but all together I have to say, it's really easy to wear and like.

For me it starts fruity sweet and for some reason green and very warm. It's the smell of fruit warmed in the sun. But not open fruit, more like you put outside on the table and it heated up in the sun and now when you're close to it, you smell the sun in the fruit. I hope this makes sense to someone else beside me. :)

And that's basically it until the drydown where musk is more sniffable to me but it's never too much (actually, it's barely there, luckily for me). It loses the fruity  warmth and retains some flowery feel - very enjoyable. All together, a very nice experience.

P.S. Have no idea what the name has to do with the smell.

Pic and notes by: http://www.punmiris.com/

2 comments:

  1. These Crazysticks are really good, especially for the price. These are the kinds of scents that I can wear to work without offending people since they wear closely. But, I can't find them in the U.S. anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. EauMG, yes, I agree, they are good and very likeable. I have to say though I didn't try looking for more, I won 2 at I smell therefore I am, some time ago and am happy for the time being. Although, I wouldn't mind trying the rest if they somehow found their way over to me. :)

    ReplyDelete