Sunday, November 1, 2009

WoW: Stephanie Laurens and The Black Cobra Quartet, and... - a prize draw


The way I'm going, this writer of the week might turn to be every two weeks. It's the end of the week and I barely made it. But I have a good excuse. :) I got offered a new book by Stephanie Laurens to read and review, so when it arrived, of course I left everything else and went to read it.

Well, what can I say. It's a typical Laurens novel and that's really good. The fact that this book comes with short info on all Cynster and Bastion club novels written so far has been some good thinking on someone's part. It really made my reading much easier because it put into perspective what year each of the stories happened. You know, after, what? - 16 Cynster books and 8 or 9 Bastion, you kind of lose the details, so having them at the end of the book is really helpful. Especially so, as both Cynsters and Bastion club members feature in The Untamed bride and in the rest of the quartet to come.

I'm not going into the story and how the Black Cobra situation came about, but I'm happy to say that I can't wait for the next book. The bad thing is those sequels never come soon enough. :)

What I really liked about this novel is that I could relate with the main female character, she's 29 (I'm 30) and her state of mind is in accordance with her age. At least from my perspective. Though it seems, the more stubborn you are, the more likely you are to burst into flame with the right man. And the older you are, the less likely you are to debate on the possible consequences for your social status if you decide to enjoy the man of you choosing. Like I said, totally in accordance with age. ;)

I know that real-life love stories usually do not look like those in romance novels, but there are times I wish they would. At least for a while. I mean I can tell myself I can paint my love life in more romance-like way but in the end, it's not really the same. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the time we live in, but I cannot imagine letting go the way you are supposed to for true love. And sometimes, I do wish I was the kind of person who can do that with the right man. You know, all those real virile, patriotic, handsome, honest, fit, large men are a girl's dream come true. :)

So, if I cannot have them/him in real life, I'll live in the novel for a while and enjoy myself. You can certainly enjoy yourself while reading Laurens romance.

Now, who of you wants to enjoy yourself reading the latest Laurens romance? :) The lovely people who sent me my copy, also offered 2 copies to my readers (they've made me very happy, I have to say). The only unfortunate thing is the copies can go only to US, Canada or UK. If you're interested in one, please say so until Thursday midnight and on Friday, I'll announce the winners.

I do hope you will enjoy it as much as I have. :)




P.S. This book made me realize the time has come to read some of the love stories from the beginning of the Cynster line. I've forgotten some of the stories but I know I enjoyed them very much. After all, I wouldn't own all of them if that was not the case. :)
Like I said, addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment