Thursday, April 30, 2009

A bit of everything before I leave


First of all, I am happy to say I'll be sending The Six scents decants to Divina. :) I hope you find them as interesting as I do.

Tomorrow is Labour day and that being holiday, I'm supposed to leave today for a long weekend at the sea side but the problem is, it is raining terribly now in Zagreb and the same is true for the rest of Croatia. :( The only good thing is it is supposed to get better tomorrow and even sunnier and warmer for the weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

While there, I'll have my hands busy with trying my new set of ordered samples from Aus Liebe zum Duft and I don't whether to hope or not, finding some new loves. Lately it seems I have days when whatever I smell, I simply love. I should have some set of standards, don't you think? For example, yesterday I had 5 minutes before meeting a friend and I went to Mueller to see if they have anything new, and they did. They have Givenchy 2008 harvest. I hope this means that the flowers were harvested in 2008, not that it was the year when the line launched (beacuse that would mean we are more than a little late over here - which actually wouldn't surprise me all that much). Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I sniffed all 4 of them but only Amarige Ylang-Ylang from Madagascar and Organza Orange blossom from Morocco smelled interesting enough to spritz them on my arm. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm happy with myself for doing that, beacuse I like them both very much. I didn't have much time yesterday to sniff them properly, but they definitely deserve another trip to the store to make sure they are as good as I found them yesterday. At some point I thought I detected a hint of banana in Ylang-Ylang but I think that might not be right. Hmmm, I just read the notes and it seems there is the green banana note there. :) Since I am a beginner here, discovering a note makes me very happy.

What doesn't make me happy is the fact that 50ml EdP costs 90E and I like both of them. I'll re-try and see if I can make one of them smell less nice. :)

That's all from me before I leave for the weekend to enjoy some sea breeze and sun (I'm quite optimistic the weather will turn in the right direction). Hopefully, I'll have some pictures when I return.


2 comments:

  1. Sweet Ines wishing you a wonderful wonderful weekend! It's Queen's Day here in Holland and for once the weather seems to be lovely! I won't be going out till later cause I have so much studying to do, but still having the french doors open to let the breeze come in definitely does my mood a world of good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend then and hopefully you won't spend it all studying. I for one can't wait to enjoy some sun. :)

    ReplyDelete